Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Kevin's Lemon: Label brainstorm

Well, my sleep circadian rhythm is totally out of whack due to a recent return from a trip to the Netherlands.

So, instead of just lying there awake, in anticipation of busting out Kevin's Lemon in earnest at Kevin's Friday night, I brainstormed a bit on a possible quick non graphic designer software composed label. I want it to be a wide band that sits low on the champagne style bottles, nearly full wrap. maybe I'd get ~3 labels out of the 8.5x11 paper.

I'd use some natural paper (left over from various crafts for the wedding). It has a nice subtle cross hatch texture to it. I'd cut it with a worn out straight edge paper cutter to leave natural/rough edges (enhanced by the cotton in the paper, which is actually resume paper) on the top and bottom. Use double sided tape to stick to the bottles.

Still playing around with the fonts, whether to include the image, use color...
... or possibly go grayscale with it, or almost completely fade it out, and scale it up, then throw it in to the background.

Hmmm, I should go to bed.

3 comments:

  1. I think a hybrid of the two would be nice. The larger lemon, but still in color. Smaller font, but centered on the label (or perhaps in the bottom right corner juxtaposed to the lemon. Is the "Kevin's Lemon" a certain font?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments...original inspiration for this layout came from a bottle of la folie:
    http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/10513.jpg

    perhaps adding some vertical and/or horizontal banding w/ the ancillary info

    the kevin's lemon typeface is from a freeware font from www.dafont.com
    I don't recall off the top of my head which one, I did this on my home PC (in MS Word).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! The grayscale one I like best. Think it will work great with the paper you describe.
    ...can I try the beer?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails